TECHNET Archives

November 2016

From:
Date:
Thu, 10 Nov 2016 20:40:52 +0000
It depends on the situation. For example, if you were getting by just fine using a thermal profile that was on the low end of the spectrum that produces acceptable solder joints and most of your boards were plated with HASL, and then you switched to ENIG where you are no longer soldering to the copper but to a nickel barrier, the profile may not work because the rate of dissolution of nickel into solder is much slower. As a result, you may need to bump up the time above solidus and possibly the peak temperature as well.