Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 1996 12:31:19 -1000
Paresh,

	There is a better way to apply the flux, especially low solids no
clean flux at the wave soldering operation.

	I just came back from Taiwan in our Kaoshiung manufacturing
operation four months ago.  We started out using AT&T and progress or
switched to Sono-Tek's stand alone machine and later installed their unit
inside one of our Electrovert machines.

	But then we found another method or another method was introduced
to us which instead of using pressurized nozzles, which keep getting
clogged up and are difficult to align so that the coverage is not very
uniform on large size PCB's.  We are now using a low cost machine which is
made in Taiwan, which picks up the flux from a reservior and throws it onto
the board using brushes.  It sounds simple, and it is.  It sounds low cost
and it is.  But what makes it better is that the uniformity of flux
distribution is far superior than the AT&T or the Sono-Tek systems.  And
believe me we were considered to be local experts on the AT&T systems in
Taiwan.  If others had questions they would call our engineers on how to
solve them.

	Since converting over, we have vertually no down time and
maintenance is reduced to regular clean ups, instead of shutting down the
equipment during midshifts to clean and unplug the nozzles, etc...

Hope this helps you

Doug Mills