From:
IPC Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 96 12:26:33 EST
Phil;

We have been using a MacDermid Matte Tin Bath as both an etch resist
before SMOBC and as a final solderable finish with a Nickel diffusion
barrier. After about a year in opeation, the Tin is not as white and
does not always pass a solder float solderability test. The bath
itself has turned to a muddy brown appearance which MacDermid says
is normal.

Do you have any comments on Tin baths for a final finish?

George Anderson