TECHNET Archives

June 2005

From:
Bev Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Bev Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 2005 10:24:11 -0400
Brian,
Why would it be any easier to automate times for dipping vs. WB?
Certainly on the old Kester WB system the times for flux dipping were
fixed.

You never mentioned hand dipping, but I maintain most suppliers are not
using a controlled dip, but are doing it by hand.

Dave Hillman has already pointed out that a newer batch of WB passed a G
R&R test.  And trying to get a supplier and customer to agree on
anything with regards to solderability - unless it is 100% good or 100%
can't solder better than wood is pretty difficult, irrespective of
equipment.
Bev
RIM