From:
Melinda Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 1996 11:01:49 -0600 (CST)

Dear forum participants,

As of this morning, the TechNet and IllinoisNet forums are no longer linked.

When IllinoisNet was created for members of the electronic
interconnection industry in Illinois several months ago, we created a
link between IllinoisNet and TechNet so that all submissions to the TechNet
forum would be delivered to IllinoisNet; and all submissions to
IllinoisNet would be delivered to TechNet.

An effort was made to inform IllinoisNet subscribers that they should not
subscribe to *both* forums, as this would result in duplicate messages.
Our effort has been ineffective, and we see a steady stream of frustrated
participants who are subscribed to both forums and are unhappy with the
duplicate mailings.

In an effort to eliminate this frustration, the forums are now unlinked.
If you are a subscriber to IllinoisNet only, you will no longer see TechNet
submissions. If you are a subscriber to TechNet only, you will no longer
see IllinoisNet submissions. If you receive this message twice, you are
subscribed to both forums.

We apologize for the confusion, and hope that you all continue to enjoy
the opportunity for technical discussion over the Internet.

Regards,

Melinda

*******************************
Melinda Robinson