From:
<[log in to unmask]> (Paul Formiller)
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 96 7:56:34 PST
[log in to unmask] Wrote:

|      What is a typical cycle for baking FR4, rigid,
| multilayers after
|      lamination?
|      Why is this bake necessary?
|
|      Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Typically, baking boards after lamination is implemented to reduce process
time in the lamination press.  Reducing the time above material cure
temperature in the press requires the boards to be baked above the cure
temperature to achieve full cure of the material.  Purchasing ovens is much
cheaper than investing in a lamination press.  Currently, we do not do this
process at Merix for FR4 material, but we are considering it for cyanate ester
(CE has a VERY long time requirement above cure temperature).

Hope this helps.

Paul Formiller
Lamination Process Engineer
Merix Corporation
PHONE: 503-359-9300 ext 54511; FAX: 503-357-1181; PAGER: 503-904-2219