From:
Chris Stack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
10 Aug 96 14:40:07 -0400

Technet Folk,

I sent in the following email the other day.  Soon afterwards all my
email for for the next day or so fell into the Abyss From Which There Is
No Return.  If anyone replied to my query, I missed it.  If so, could you
please repost.

Thanks,

  Chris Stack
  ext. 231
  CD Electronics, Inc.
  Printed Circuit Board Designer and Purchasing Agent
To understand the things that are at our door is the best
preparation for understanding those that lie beyond.
                                              -Hypatia

             ********** ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS **********

I have seen a lot of talk on Technet recently regarding Cu Ni Sn board
finishes.  Is this the same thing as what I have heard called "Soldermask
over Tin/Nickel" or "The Santa Clara Process"?  If so, does anyone have a
summary of the benefits/problems associated with this process?

Thanks,

  Chris Stack
  ext. 231
  CD Electronics, Inc.
  Printed Circuit Board Designer and Purchasing Agent
To understand the things that are at our door is the best
preparation for understanding those that lie beyond.
                                              -Hypatia

             ********** ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS **********

>We appreciate your Feedback Mr. Anderson, one more question, what is
>your surface prep (predip) prior to Tin plating.
>Regards / Wolfgang.

Wolfgang;

>From Nickel we have dragout rinses followed by a spray rinse, then
to a 10% sulfuric pre-dip before Tin plate. After copper plate we
also have a light microetch before the Nickel to eliminate the
possibility of peeling at the Cu/Ni interface.

Regards
George
Uvonics Co. Inc.                              [log in to unmask]

*