Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 1996 07:35:38 -0500
     DYMAX Corp. makes a thermally conductive adhesive we use to bond
     heatsinks (DYMAX 991) that may work in your application.

     DYMAX Corp.
     51 Greenwoods Road
     Torrington CT 06790
     (860)482-1010

Subject: Assy: Thermally Conductive Adhesive
Author:  [log in to unmask] at Internet
Date:    11/5/96 11:33 AM

Question:  I need a thermally conductive adhesive to put under a QFP.  I
know that if I put it on prior to placement, it would screw up my alignment,
soldering, etc, I plan to add a hole (.100 to .125 dia) in the PCB under the
center of the part and apply the stuff after all assy is complete.

The adhesive properties are not important, in fact less is better. The stuff
should be viscous enough to fill the area under the part, but not run.  It
should be able to room temp cure in a reasonable time (2 hours or less) and
not bloom out onto the plastic body of the part.

Does anyone out there know of such a thing?

Thanks, in advance

Jim Ennis