TECHNET Archives

October 2001

From:
Guy Ramsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 18:10:07 -0400
From Wassink:
"At relatively low temperatures, the tin-nickel layers form about as rapidly
as the tin-copper layers do, but at higher tempertures thier growth rate is
distinctly lower. At 100°C a 2um layer is formed in 50 days, at 170°C within
two days. A 10um layer is formed at 170°C in 38 days. The appearance of the
imtermetallic layers, as well as their composition, depends on the
temperatuee at which they are formed."