TECHNET Archives

March 2002

From:
Tegehall Per-Erik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 08:47:07 +0100
Nancy,

I disagree with Werner's statement about HASS. HASS is the acronym for
Highly Accelerated Stress Screening and is best described as a very
accelerated ESS test and thus its place is in product testing. HASS is
always preceded by a HALT test. HALT is the acronym for Highly Accelerated
Life Testing, which unfortunately is a misleading name since it is not at
all a life test. A better name is Accelerated Stress Test. HALT is a test
for testing the 'robustness' of design prototypes. If you want to learn more
about HALT and HASS, I can recommend the paper written by Neill Doertenbach
that you can find on the following webpage
http://www.qualmark.com/content/OurLibrary_TechnicalPapers.html

Per-Erik Tegehall
IVF
Sweden