TECHNET Archives

June 1999

From:
Michael Fenner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Fenner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 00:24:30 +0100
Relatively few companies can properly handle paste reclamation, due to the
~50% by volume amount of organics, not including the associated packaging.
This makes the material difficult to process [and even hazardous in regular
metal and dross reclamation plants] which is why dead paste has
comparitively little value for its weight. Incineration as Ryan describes
has been the "traditional" way to handle paste, although there was
discussion/speculation a year or so back on alternative methods.
It would be interesting to know if these came to anything....