Date:
13 SEP 96 08:11:43 EDT
Several companies(PACE, Impell) offer flux filtration systems for use
within the plant, no venting to the outside required.  These systems
consist of three filters: a prefilter to filter out the large particles, a
HEPA type filter to remove the finer particles and a carbon filter to
eliminate the smell.  We presently use these fume filtration systems on all
of our work benches for hand soldering and have larger units on the
reflow/glue cure ovens and two of our wave soldering systems.  This
eliminated the need to put holes in the roof of the facility(they always
leak) and we are well in advance of any EPA requirements about exhaust.
Venting inside also reduces the amount of make-up air required to be
introduced into the facility, reducing air conditioning costs and the need
to humidify the air.

Contact me if you have any questions

Ed Holton
810-608-7471