From:
cheolpark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 1995 18:38:12 +0900
From: Mr. HK Jang, R&D Engineer
Date: July 16,1996
Ref: Wrap & Twist On Array

We are building PCMCIA arrays that appear to have more of a bending problem
in them than do they have warp & twist. The boards are 6 layers with
finished thickness of 1.45mm. Can anyone tell us if their is a way to
determine if the problem is due to handling (bending) and if so how to
rework. Also is it common to have copper left on the outside of the array or
does that increase the possibility of the arrays keeping the bends in them.
We know that we need to keep copper on the inside to try and maintain
rigidity but is it neccessary for the outter layers.
What is the normal specification for PCMCIA arrays in regard to warp, twist
and flatness.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.
ASSOCIATE RESEARCH ENGINEER
R & D Dept. PCBOBU