TECHNET Archives

June 1997

From:
Paul Terranova <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 15:03:33 -0400
I'd agree with Greg Bartlett's memo (below). I've actually performed
the cross sections and have seen the damage. Also see the memo from
Gerry Gagnon on this topic. We have photos showing the plugged vias
bulge up and interfere with SMT components.

Paul Terranova
Phone: 508-467-3109
FAX: 508-467-6796

DIGITAL's Analytical and Environmental Test Services Lab
Digital Equipment Corporation
M/S: MRO1-3/D2
200 Forest Street
Marlboro, MA  01752