TECHNET Archives

February 2022

From:
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2022 17:59:05 -0500
x-ray is good tool to see if different location using different size
of chip (chip shrink) or not - you might have different working temp
range due to MFG process limitation.  Way back, one of the vendor
provide chips at reduced temp range (different bin) for far east
commercial usage, but main location process version got wider temp
range and narrower parameters.  I order specified for main location
only with 6month early notification with possible "last time batch
buying" if MFG location change (pay extra for the clause).
- I was told un- officially, the difference due to less MFG of
environment control (water, cleanroom, etc) and eliminate burn in
steps with off shore location.
that is beside the counterfeit.  good luck.
jk