From:
Barry Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 1996 15:16:24 -0400 (EDT)
I also will be grateful for some conformal coating advice
on an issue related to the current thread.

We have a product that goes into aircraft with a
combination of digital and RF circuitry.  We are arguing
about conformal coating -- there are several RF parts
affecting about half of the board surface that cannot be
coated for performance and serviceability reasons.

Based on this, we want to drop the conformal coating
because only half the board can be protected anyway.
The "other" camp argues that a half-coated board is better
than nothing.  The cost to mask the board is significant.

Anyone deal with this issue before?  The main environmental
problems for this product are fungus and moisture.

Barry Allen
SED Systems Inc.