From:
"Jeff Seeger" <simon.ipc.org!bort.mv.net!rapidcad!jseeger>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 96 01:04:39 EDT

	The question was,

>Our PWB assembly facility is in a controlled environment kept at 72
>degrees F, and 50% R.H.  The problem is, we don't remember how we
>decided these were the best conditions.  Does anyone know of an IPC ...

	These were/are the operating parameters for that class of machine
	known as the mini-computer.  Was your operation ever networked
	with Vaxes or other such machines?  I recall seeing a couple of
	manufacturing floors controlled in this way in the 80's and
	early 90's.  There are still many ICT systems in service that
	are "happiest" in such an environment.

	In fact, for some systems, I think you had to maintain said en-
	vironment to be eligible for field service contracts.  We still
	keep our dear old iron in a "cone of silence" maintaining these
	parameters.

	The temperature was pertinent to the system cooling, and I believe
	the RH was a factor in ESD management.

	Cheers,

        Jeff Seeger                             Applied CAD Knowledge Inc
        Chief Hardware Historian                     Tyngsboro, MA  01879
        [log in to unmask]                               508 649 9800

The mail list is provided by IPC using SmartList v3.05
To unsubscribe from this list at any time, send a message to:
[log in to unmask] with <subject: unsubscribe> and no text.