From:
[log in to unmask] (ROGER HELD)
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 1996 17:21:39 -0600
     In my experience with bare boards, the manufacturers seem to know what
     we mean when we want 100% netlist testing.  They extract netlists from
     the supplied Gerber data and build a clamshell fixture that can access
     test points on both sides of the board.  I thought that this was
     pretty standard from the "100% test" standpoint.

     At Hitachi, we don't do PCB design so we don't have expensive software
     that can do anything with PCB data, but we have purchased a Gerber
     viewing package that can do everything we need to check the data and
     make minor modifications.

     This software is known as "GerbTool" and costs anywhere from $1500 ~
     $5000 depending upon how many bells and whistles you want (we use the
     $1500 version).  It can be obtained from Wyse Software in Oregon, USA.
     If you want more details, let me know.

     Roger Held
     Hitachi Computer Products
     (405) 360-5500 x142