From:
"ddhillma" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 09 Oct 96 08:11:37 cst
     Hi Ed -

     A question- you said "..had stress lines develop....after convection
     reflow" - is that after some type of stress testing (thermal, etc.) or
     literally right after the reflow process. If you are having "stressed"
     solder joints right out of the reflow process I suspect that you have
     a process problem or a board/layout design problem. The TechNet
     traffic has shown that there are quite a few electronic manufacturers
     that have/are experiencing cracking problems with Alloy 42 TSOPs as
     part of the stress screening.

     Dave Hillman
     Rockwell Collins