From:
"Marc R. Sinclair" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 96 07:08:29

David Pizzoferrato
QA Manager
Centerline Circuits

Dave:

1. Does anyone cross section after electroless as a routine? If so, how
often?
	We only do back lights directly after electroless, which is only a crude
form of sectioning, with no acrylic mold. This is preformed every hour of
production.

2. How frequently do you cross section after pattern plate? Do you use
coupons or actual parts? If you use both, what is the ratio, coupons/actual
parts? What is the frequency? How much do you rely on nondestructive
testing?

	We punch witness coupons from test strips in our panel plated products at a
rate of one coupon per hour, for plating quality of production type panels.
We also send a test panel thought plating every two hours and punch five
coupons from it to test the thickness of the PTH.

	"IPC-MS-810 Guidelines for High Volume Microsection" is a good reference
book.

Marc R. Sinclair
Lab Supervisor
Omni-Circuits Inc.