TECHNET Archives

January 2001

From:
"Ingemar Hernefjord (EMW)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 10:06:29 +0100
Dwight and Bev,
I noticed your enjoyment about bad wetting on ENIG. I am trying to find
cause for solder ball lifting and have now come to the conclusion that the
ball wetting on the board lands look strange after pull test. Don't seem
quite good. The question is if I have to do with bad wetting or dewetting.
Can I  send some pictures to you for discussing? Guru Anglemair got some,
but maybe he has little time to spend on me. The BGA maker is now
crossectioning parts in Sivalley, but even they may miss something, TN has
witnessed many a times how intricate these matters are, noone is the
complete Master of BGA Soldering.
Ingemar