From:
Mike Matson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 1996 07:37:00 -0600
Hi, Doug.
There was a paper written by C.J. Chen, J.P. Partridge, B. Hussey, and
A. Gupta of  the IBM Watson Research Center in Yorktown Heights, NY in
1991 titled  *Self-Induced Repair of Printed Circuit Boards* which
describes a self-limiting plating repair method for near-opens.
Accorcing to the article, published in the June, 1991 issue of  Plating
and Surface Finishing magazine, it can also be used to repair opens (or
create new interconnections)  with the addition of a simple laser
seeding process.

Mike Matson
Woodward Governor Company
(970) 498-3285