From:
"Magee, Andrew P" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 1996 08:37:00 -0800
From: Magee, Andrew P
Date: Mon, Mar 18, 1996 7:42 AM
Subject: Rogers Internet Home Page
To: [log in to unmask]
From: Magee, Andrew P
Date: Fri, Mar 15, 1996 6:11 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
From: Magee, Andrew P
Date: Wed, Mar 13, 1996 11:45 AM
To: [log in to unmask]

     Rogers has created a Home Page in the graphical part of the Internet
     called World Wide Web (WWW). Our address is:
     http://www.rogers-corp.com.

     This site was initially setup with a corporate page that provides
     general information about Rogers and the products manufactured.
     There's a page for each of the various business units through which
     specific information can be provided at any time (data sheets,
     technical questions, press releases, employment opportunities). Much
     of this data will be existing published literature that has been
     converted to electronic format.

     To access the Rogers home page, two things are needed, one is to have a
     connection to the internet (other than just e-mail) through an internet
     service provider, one of the on-line services (America On-line or
     CompuServe for instance) or a freenet for text based access. The second
     item needed is to have a browser program like Netscape, Mosaic or one of
     the ones for the on-line services. Once those two items are met, the
     Rogers home page can be accessed by selecting the address shown above.

     The current corporate page is setup such that it lists the various
     business units.

     Elastomer Components Unit (Endur, Nitrophyl)

     Poron Materials Unit (Poron, R/bak)

     Circuit Materials Unit (R/flex, FLEX-I-MID)

     Microwave Materials Unit (RT/duroid, TMM, RO3000, RO4000)

     Power Distribution Bus Bars

     Moldable Composite Materials

     Durel Electroluminescent Lamp Systems

     When selecting a category the link will then take them to the
     unit/divisional page or a brief summary page depending on the status
     of the divisional page. Once all the divisional pages are setup, the
     browser will be able to access the data sheets posted as well as any
     other information listed.  Each page will have links to enable the
     browser to send e-mail or fill out a form that can be sent at that
     moment to the division.

     The goal of this project is to increase Rogers market presence by:

     * Participating in an interactive media accessible to 42 million
     people world wide.

     * Providing better customer support by having access to technical
     information at the customers convenience.

     * Keeping customers informed on new product developments at a low
     cost.

     * Keeping Rogers in the leading edge of technology.

     Comments or suggestions are always welcomed by the Rogers Web Team as
     we go through the evolution of this page. The idea is to provide
     customers answers to their three basic questions: (1) who are we, (2)
     what do we offer and (3) how is this going to meet their needs.