TECHNET Archives

June 1997

From:
Andre Bisson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 04 Jun 1997 09:14:59 -0300
Hello all,

We are also looking for AOI or x-ray equipment for inspection. We are not sure yet
which one to choose (x-ray or AOI) since both have pro's and con's. I found an
equipment that has the possibility of doing both methods.

This equipment is from FeinFocus and it's call FXS-190.92 or FXS-170.92. Both
model are equipped with automatic x-ray and optical inspection. They are a little
bit expensive but, maybe justify for your application.

Andre Bisson
Process Engineering
CAE Electronics
Canada, St-Laurent

Greg Parke wrote:

> Bob,
>
> I have been investigating vision sytems for the past few months.  The
> following is a list of companies which supply the types of systems you
> described.
>
> 1. Teradyne Control Automation (510) 932-6900
> 2. Theta Group (205) 461-0590
> 3. CR Technologies (714) 448-0443
> 4. Machine Vision Products (MVP) (800) 260-4MVP
> 5. MV Technologies
> 6. Texmac (408) 970-9171
> 7. Automation Tooling Systems (519) 653-6500
>
> If you have any questions regarding any of the systems feel free to give me
> a call.
>
> Greg Parke
> Manufacturing Engineer
> Teradyne, Inc.
> (617) 422-3192

> * If you are having a problem with the IPC TechNet forum please contact   *
> * Dmitriy Sklyar at 847-509-9700 ext. 311 or email at [log in to unmask]      *
We are also in the process of choosing a system for inspection of
assemblies.We are trying to decide between Vision and on line X-RAY.
Whoever has any experience or suggestions concerning the two ,please
reply!
Are there advantages or disadvantages between the two methods?
What would you buy for densely populated boards ,double sided SMT and
press fit contacts?

Gaby