TECHNET Archives

December 2022

From:
"Taylor, Paul (GE Renewable Energy)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Taylor, Paul (GE Renewable Energy)
Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 2022 08:44:49 +0000
We have used this material and an alternative EFPC05L from Electrolube, if members want to connect with me off the forum I'd be happy to discuss the finer details (which I'm not at liberty to disclose here)

Anyway, what you have to remember is that they are moisture repellents ..bit like wearing a treated 'water resistant' coat, the water forms globules on the surface due to the low surface tension and doesn’t penetrate to the board. This is important as most ionic or sulphur or silver contamination needs water as part of the chemical reaction. I believe some cell phone suppliers use it

You can't spray, dipping is best and this allows higher volume /lower cost that the traditional single unit spray, but yes connectors need special attention like for example 'sacrificial connectors' or reusable connector inserts. Blocking peelable compounds are a waste of time

Ive dealt with a lot of different compounds over the years, in both Aerospace and commercial...they all have their merits........

Regards

Paul

Paul R Taylor

Customer Application Engineering Manager

Grid Solutions

GE Renewable Energy (Part of GE Vernova)

M +44 7827 312568

-Non Public-