Date:
31 OCT 96 14:40:24 EST
Fellow technetters:

My company is beginning its research into the wonderful world of organic
solderability preservative coatings.  Our goal being to implement this on
the circuit boards in the near future.  I am looking for any and all
information that anyone may have(I have a pile of articles 12" high) with
use in production.  I am especially interested in:
	What type of coating is on the board
	Number of heat excursions you have and does the coating live up to its
published cycles
	Special handling procedures(operators)  Board storage, time in
production
	How you flux/profile/anything you did to get the topside fillet
	Use of nitrogen?
	Have you had solderability problems and how were they handled
	Do you specify board cleanliness, coating brand, thickness on the
print and how is it 			              verified.
	Thru-hole components scrap the inside of the barrel when inserted, any
problems here with 		soldering
	Any special tricks done at the wavesolder
Any and all information is appreciated

Thanks

Ed Holton