TECHNET Archives

June 2011

From:
Bob Landman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Bob Landman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jun 2011 00:59:17 -0400
Barbara,

Are you using tin lead solder to assemble the boards? That's what we use and shelf life, coplanarity, fine pitch (QFNs) led us to standardize on ENIG over IAg.  Zero problems with our supplier (Bay Area Circuits) who subcontracts the ENIG plating.  ENIG needs to be done by a contractor who does a large volume and knows how to keep the process in spec.

Bob Landman
H&L Instruments,LLC

Sent from my iPhone