From:
Charles Barker/IO-US <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
22 May 96 12:27:13

From: leot1 @ iw.net (Leo Reynolds) @ Internet
Date: 05/21/96 04:48:07 PM
Subject: ASSY:Gerber Viewing Software

We're a contract manufacturer and our engineers are wondering if anyone
could recommend some good software for viewing Gerber Files.  Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

Thx

Leo Reynolds

Hi Leo,

At the moment, I am reviewing a shareware sampling of a program called UniCam,
from

CAM Software Research, Inc.
135 Commerce Way
Portsmouth, NH 03801
603/431-9411 Voice
603/431-9516 FAX
603/431-9519 BBS

They claim this will read Gerber data and many popular CAD programs' data
output. Also
BOM files from many MRP systems. The shareware version will only read the
sample files
that come with it, so I am not able to test it with our data.

It should take our CAD data and create Pick and Place machine placement
programs for
SMT, THT, and hand assembly. It is also supposed let you create assembly,
modification
(ECO or otherwise) and Inspection drawings while balancing your machine loading.

You can view, create and anotate various assembly drawings. It runs in a
Windows environment
and will print to any Windows compatible laser printer or color printer. My
boss handed this
to me for check out, so I don't know what the price is yet.

Good luck

Charlie Barker
713/276-3328