From:
"John DeBrita" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 1996 18:06:07 PST
Can anyone shed some light on the necessary water pressure required
in the rinse section of a PWB deburring machine to clear drilling
debris from small vias.  We are drilling 13.5 mil holes and some 10
mil holes.  Occasionally, we experience some particles of drill  (or
back-up material) debris left in a few holes.  My calculations show
that for the nozzle I selected, a 600 psig nozzle pressure results in
0.068 grams of force in a 13.5 mil hole.  Is that enough?  What does
it take to get the debris out?  The vendor is offering options for
600, 1500, & 2000 psig.  The price rises considerably with each
option.  What do i need?