From:
CINDY KEMP ORLANDO ISC *8-306-6873 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 1996 7:18:27 -0400 (EDT)
Jason,

We have a military program with rather large assemblies where the PWB's are at
least .093" thick impedance control boards (14-16 layers, lots of plane layers)
and external aluminum heat sinks bonded to the PWB.  When rework is required, we
first bake the board, and then work with it hot on the plates.  This greatly
improves the ability to solder & desolder.  If we don't there has always been
problems where damage to the board or component would occur.

Cindy Kemp
Lockheed Martin
Orlando, FL
(407) 306-6873