TECHNET Archives

January 2002

From:
My Nguyen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 11:33:28 -0800
Technetters,

Firstly, thanks so much for your input!

We use:

- Heller Oven Profiles, most of them are 8-9 zones.
- Solder Paste Type: Water Soluble, Sn63Pb37 - P3
type.
- Board: 6 layers; thickness is equal or less than
0.05"

I agree with Mr. Krug that we should look for a
nominal oven profile that would satisfy about 80% of
the product profiles.  However, to short through 7000
of them, it would be A LOT.

Also, there will be so much resistance to this change,
Q.A. will blame on different outcome, Production would
do the same thing until ... they reach a comfortable
zone.  By having a scientific method, I may be able to
convince them and have them cooperated much easier
than shorting through 7000 to find the commonalities
among them.

A typical profile at here is:
100 - 140 - 160 - 175 - 170 - 190 -235 -255
where process windows are:
30-150 degree: 50 - 140 sec.
150-183: 50-120 sec
above 183: 40-80 sec

Depending on the products and panel layout (maximum
panel size: 7" x 12")the temperature for each zone can
be changed +/-20.

Again, I am looking for a scientific way that will not
only satisfy the product quality requirement (all
class 2) but also acceptable from strict people base
on what they called: Logical/scientific thinking.

Thanks,

Stacy