TECHNET Archives

October 2005

From:
Ingemar Hernefjord <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Ingemar Hernefjord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:11:48 +0200
Ioan,

First: the Intel report was great, whoever sent the link.

Some reflexions on IPC 7095A:

1. What is the difference between A1 and A2, B1 and B2 etc?

2. <20% of the balls have voids: use as is. >20% use with process
modification.  What modification, if 50% of the balls have voids?

3. The whole table, with percentage hither&dither, doesn't that demand
for inspection of hundreds of thousands of balls in a mass production?
Do you do that? Is it based on sample or 100% inspection?

4. Ditto B1 and B2. All B2 to be returned to supplier. Won't that end in
a lot of discussions with the package supplier? And judging the
percentage, mustn't that take a lot of time?

5. Ditto the rest of the categories.

6. If to be followed strictly, won't that need best X-ray equipments,
but still give some interpretation problem when you have to do with very
complicated and large packages with thousands of balls and a thick metal
cover etc?

7. Are any of you at all following the std daily? No..kidding. Of course
I'll not get an answer on that.

8. We accept 'no voids at all'. With this std we may relax a little,
finding 'right' category...

Best regards

Ingemar Hernefjord
Ericsson Microwave Systems