Date:
10 SEP 96 16:00:20 EDT
I have attended a few training sessions and vapor phase reflow has been
discussed, but how much is this process used in production these days?
Isn't the convection reflow process better, more cost efficient, etc.?
Inquiring minds wish to know?
-------------
Original Text
From: C=US/A=INTERNET/DDA=ID/TechNet-request(a)ipc.ipc.org, on 9/10/96 2:47
PM:
I am looking for information on modern Vapor Phase reflow ovens.  We
are a contract manufacturer, using an older VP oven which is leaking
Flourinert badly.  I would like to compare this Flourinert loss to
the loss of a new VP oven.

I would like to inquire about  new oven Flourinert usage rates from those
of you that have recently purchased a VP oven or have specific
knowledge of such.  Please include information on the manufacturer
and model.   If we were to purchase a new VP oven we would need to
accomodate a 24" square PCB.  Thanks in advance.

Tony

Tony Sturgeon
Axiom Electronics
3003 SW 153rd Dr.