From:
"Elias, Phil (AZ75)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
26 Jun 1996 18:29:31 -0500

The problem with coeficients of expansion of different substrate materials
has been a problem in the printed wiring board industry for many years. The
use of Kevlar, Copper-Invar-Copper and Thermount has been common. The X and
Y expansion differences between the substrates in our electronic components
and the printed wiring substrates has cause millions of dollars of
additional expense in the use of exotic materials in our printed wiring
substates. This is not a simple nor cheap problem to address and many
problems have been realized by this situation. It is much better to utilize
plastic components to place on plastic boards.

             Phil Elias
             Honeywell Air Transport Systems