TECHNET Archives

April 2020

From:
"Stadem, Richard D" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Stadem, Richard D
Date:
Wed, 15 Apr 2020 23:01:45 +0000
I had just asked that question to a gal at ACL Staticide, and I do not have her answer here but at another location (I am working from home a lot these days). But essentially here is her answer:

First, clean ESD mats and ESD benchtops with plain old warm soapy water and wipe clean. Do this to get rid of dirt, fluxes, soils, etc. Plain old warm water and soap will kill most germs, but not all.

I use germicidal dish soap. That is readily available and does kill most germs.

Then apply a disinfectant last. The disinfectant can be any alcohol-based cleaner, wipes, even eyeglass wipes. After the soapy water wash it does not take a lot of disinfectant to finish the job.

Ah-choo!

Odin