From:
"Tippit, Jack" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 May 96 10:31:00 CDT

We have instances where tin/lead coated pins are inserted into gold plated
sockets, etc.  Components even have gold/tin-lead or gold/tin interfaces,
such as an IC socket with a gold contact with a tin sleeve.  Mil-Std-889B
indicates gold as being incompatable with tin or tin/lead.  Has anyone
looked into this issue and is there a potential for corrosion formation and
associated problems?  Again, I just refereing to mechanical contact ( not
soldering ).

Thanks,
Jack Tippit
Wilcox Electric