From:
"ddhillma" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 96 08:28:02 cst
     Hi Judy:

     Solder joints are solder joints - a reliable solder joint should not
     be process specific although some processes are more suited to making
     certain solder joint geometry's than others. The heel fillet is a
     critical location for good solder joint reliability. I think that
     meeting the "standard" requirements is not the issue - does the heel
     fillet you end up with provide the reliability needed for the use
     environment that you are in? If it does then document those facts for
     internal or customer review. I would also suggest that you forward
     that documentation/information (if you are allowed) to the IPC
     ANSIJ-STD-001 committee so that the information can be incorporated
     into the specification.

     Dave Hillman
     Rockwell Collins