From:
Kevin Meek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 01 Jul 1996 11:40:38 -0700
We are a small shop (<40 employees) which regularly manufactures Mil-spec
boards of up to 16 layers.  About half of our tooling is supplied to us
as artwork only, the other half includes data as well (Gerber and/or drill).
Presently, we are using the Lavenir View+386 for our artwork editing and
panelization needs, and FasTechnologies NCCAM for drill and rout editing.
We are considering the purchase of an integrated CAM system, such as the
one sold by Orbotech.  I would like to solicit any comments on that system
or any other that you are using - unfortunately, I haven't seen many in
action, so I don't know the right questions to ask!  Some that come to mind:

* Easy to learn?

* Easy to use?

* Powerful?  Can it flag potential problem areas?

* Cost to benefit ratio.

I'd appreciate any help you can give me in making this decision!