From:
[log in to unmask] (Alex Basauri)
Date:
05 Oct 96 09:30:06 PDT
Can someone help me with a formula to approximate my design rules to
solve the problem of falling chips on second side reflow. The chips on
the second side of the board seem to be to heavy for the superficial
tension that is supposed to hold them down while going through the reflow
oven for the second time.  I want to set PCB  design rules depending on
the weight of the chip, surface area of the chip's leads and pad sizes. I
know that there are many more variables to consider but a simple rule of
thumb formula will do.  Or if anybody knows about the exact science to
deal with this problem I will appreciate the feedback. (Can't use Glue)

Thank you much.
P.S.  This is my first time in ThechNet and I thank you all for the
forum.

Alex Basauri
SMT Engineering
Trimble Navigation LTD