From:
[log in to unmask] (ROGER HELD)
Date:
Wed, 22 May 1996 11:43:07 -0500
     Jack,

     This is not uncommon to run up against (seems to me it happens a lot
     with SIMM's).  Generally, when this is a possibility, the connector
     manufacturer has both solder coated and gold coated parts available.
     We have not done any testing at Hitachi, but we do match similar
     metals.  There's not much point in taking a chance since we've had no
     problems changing to similar metals when it's not designed in to begin
     with (we follow Bellcore requirements where dissimilar metals is
     prohibited for use as contact mates).

     Regards,

     Roger Held
     Hitachi Computer Products (America), Inc.