From:
Tony King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
14 Jun 96 11:55:05 EDT
======== Original Message ========
Sender: [log in to unmask]
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 09:52:25 -0400
To: [log in to unmask]
From: Nick Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Electroless Copper

TechNet, Bill Foran, fulrl @ Boeing

I am very surprised to hear about your problems with Shipley Electroless
Copper.  I am with Electro Plate Circuitry in Carrollton, Tx.  We
manufacture Military and High-Rel Commercial Multilayers.   We have been
using Shipley # 3350 Electroless Line for the past 7 years.  We have had
great success from a performance and support standpoint.  We have found that
when we do run into a problem, Shipley's tech support is at our facility
within hours and solves the problem in a timely manner.   We have always
found that the problem is a result of something we did or did not do.  Feel
free to give me a call, If I cannot help you,  I can put you in contact with
someone who can. (214)466-0818.

>Subject: Electroless copper
>From:    [log in to unmask] at Internet
>Date:    6/12/96  7:41 AM
>

>     We have recently changed our Electroless Chemistries and Electrolytic
>     Copper to Shipley product line. We have been overwhelmed with scrap
for
>     voids, plating separations and adhesion problems. We have followed the

>     vendor recommendations and are running within their guidelines. We
need
>     some technical help. The support we've been receiving is not getting
us
>     anywhere. Currently we are shut down for all production due to scrap
>     levels. HELP!
>
>     Thank you
Nicolas Garcia
V.P. Operations
Electro Plate Circuitry, Inc.
======== Fwd by: Tony King / N ========
I have also been using the Shipley 3350 electroless copper process for the
last 6 years with very good success. We process primarily multi layer
product 4 layer to 16 layer.  The process yields well with no post
separation and minimal deposition related voiding.  Shipley support is very
good and they can usually solve any problems quickly.

Please call if you would like to discuss this more, I would be happy to talk
with you.

Tony King
Elexsys International Inc
Nashua  N.H.