TECHNET Archives

June 1999

From:
"Goldman, Patricia J." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 15:57:33 -0400
Low build electroless baths tend to initiate slowly.  The alkalinity in the
bath may be attacking the Pd catalyst before the Cu gets a chance to plate.
While that may not always happen, you may have stepped out of your process
window in one or more areas that make a net effect.  Like low Pd deposit
combined with a slightly slower initiation rate.  Or some contaminant level
that just puts things over the edge.

This is an OLD bath.  I do believe Shipley has better chemistry now.