TECHNET Archives

June 1997

From:
"Roland Jaquet" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 1997 09:34:30 +0200
Another interesting aspect of the ED process is that the number of steps
can be significantly reduced compare to traditional and it can be
automatised ..
One could do Electroless + panel plating + ED resist coating on the same
line without touching the boards. This could mean significant reduction in
the number of steps as well as shorting the production cycle. Also, one
might want to do innerlayers with ED, and disgard all the dry film
laminators etc.. -> leading to less equipment needed etc..

As per Patricia information, you could be concerned with non-plated holes..
and you right. Experience showed us that regular exposing machines could
expose inside of holes if necessary in working on one side and using
aluminium reflectif material on the other side.

Generally speaking, UV exposure is a key issue and good equipment is
necessary as exposure time is important as well as even exposure over the
entire surface.

Regards

Roland

----------
> From: Goldman, Patricia J. <[log in to unmask]>
> To: TechNet <[log in to unmask]>; yuanl <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: RE: What is ED?
> Date: lundi, 2. juin 1997 17:20
>

> ED stands for "electro-deposited" and they were most likely talking about

> electrophoretic photoresist.  ED photoresists are deposited onto a
(usually)
> copper surface using an electric current, much like electroplating.
There

*

*