From:
Don Vischulis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 01 Aug 1996 21:03:55 -0500
Vince, Harlan:

You might consider removing several of the connections to the ground
plane and adding vias to the unconnected layers.  Limiting the
connections to one or two planes would to reduce the thermal mass tied
to the solder connection while the via(s) would provide the necesary
current carrying capacity.

Don Vischulis