From:
Tony King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
12 Jun 96 09:01:00 EDT

I would like to get opinions of cross ply vs. non cross ply construction
from other boards manufacturers to get a better understanding of what other
people are doing.  This question has been debated for years, people on each
side have stated warpage and dimensional stability as the primary reason for
choice.  The storm seems to be over,  I would like to know where everyone
landed...

1. Does your company cross ply ?

2. Please describe your system of grain direction.

3. What are your reasons for the use of this system ? Quality ? Cost ?
Standardization ?

4. Have you used both cross ply and non cross ply constructions ? What were
the major differences ?

Thank you

Tony King
Elexsys International Inc.