From:
simon.ipc.org!pbni.attmail.com!PBN!PBN1!JMcGee (John McGee)
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 1996 10:47:00 +0000

Good morning-

Does anyone have info regarding successful techniques for retaining
unclinched parts in an assembly through the wave solder process?
We'd like to continue with our  parts "prepped" to the correct lead length,
but we're open to suggestion.

On Monday, I solicited info on the use of Blister Pack machines for that
purpose.  I cited IPC-CM-770, Figures 21-2 and 21-4 as triggering my
interest
in this approach, which we had not yet tried.

As I received no response, I'd like to try again, in more general terms:

* If you've tried blister pack in this application, has it proven
successful?
   (If you haven't tried it, do you know anyone who has who might be
   willing to share their experience?)

* Is it a reasonably straightforward process or are there a lot of side
issues
  to consider (i.e. environmental, material availability, process
instability, etc.)?

* Does any blister packing machine work or are there those specifically
  appropriate to electronic assembly?  Who to contact?

Any input is appreciated.  Seriously!  Thanks!