Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 96 08:53:23 PST
     One drill file with  both (non plated and plated) type of holes is the
     most widely used format.  Even if you decide to send two files your
     board vendor will combine them in one file to fabricate the board.
     The only exception to this rule is if you are drilling the non plated
     through hole through a large copper area without providing any
     clearance for this hole on outer layers.  In most cases this is not
     true and the board fabricator drills all the holes during there first
     drill operation.  The other problem with all plated through hole on
     the board is that the fabricatoe needs at least 3 non plated through
     hole to  pin the board during there final routing operation.  Use of
     plated through hole for pinning may result in scratches in the barrell
     of the holes used for pinning.  In nut shell you should use  non
     plated holes in the design and you can supply only one drill file with
     all holes( Plated and NPTH)