From:
"Murray, George @ GSC" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 96 10:57:00 PST

Groovy,
The best sure-fire method of ensuring they get it right is to have the
programmers actually visit a board shop and gather information first hand.
 IPC-A-600 has some great photographs of all types of printed circuit board
imperfections.  Many of these are applicable to AOI.  I believe, however,
the best method for defining names to defect types is to allow the board
shop to set its own definitions.  This way cause and effect diagrams
specific to each shop can be used during root cause analysis based on the
results of inspection.  This is a method we have added to our Insight/2020
AOI system.  It allows our customer to have control of his system.

George Murray
Gerber Systems