TECHNET Archives

January 2021

From:
Dennis Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Dennis Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 2021 16:32:23 -0500
There is a call out from IPC staff to help finish a revision of IPC *IPC-7092
Design and Assembly Process Implementation for Embedded Components*

Our committee needs information on the polymeric conductor or insulator
materials that can be screened or dispensed onto layers or into rigid
circuit boards.

Historically, I called this polymer thick film technology - it must take
soldering temperatures of rigid boards.  We find that "printed
electronics" uses conductors or dielectrics that do not reach traditional
solder temperatures during component assembly and are not what we are
looking for.

The exact needs statement is "Add/edit this section to update conductor and
heat sinking materials in use with embedded passives."

Let me know if you have knowledge so we can contact you.

--
Denny Fritz
Consultant