From:
Gary Ferrari <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 1996 08:34:21 -0400
Many of the patterns in the SMT Plus, Inc pattern book do not conform to the
IPC-SM-782 standard, but were developed by SMT Plus, Inc. The pending
revision to IPC-SM-782 includes discussions and land patterns for the BGA
deveices. I am not sure of the release date, but I'm sure that the IPC can
give you some information.

At 04:16 PM 6/14/96 -0700, David Ricketts wrote:
>I have found an excellent source of land pattern information, covering
>all surface mount devices, including BGA, to be the SMT Component and Land
>Pattern Book, from SMT Plus, Inc. For about $300, you get all the
>patterns you could ever want, conforming to IPC and designed by the
>industry leader of practical SMT designs, and a free update service for
>new patterns. No formulas, just ready to use info.
>
>I don't know of an on-line address, but their old fashioned telephone
>number is 408-438-6116.
>
>djr
>
> On Fri, 14 Jun 1996, John Gully wrote:
>
>> I am looking for sound information regarding the land pattern
>> of PBGA and CBGA components, specific to bareboard fabrication.
>> I have contacted several sources (Motorola, IBM, etc.) and looking
>> for more info.  IPC-SM-782 does not cover this type of component
>> geometry.  Has IPC developed or revised -782 to include BGA land
>> patterns?  If so, I need a copy. All sources of information are
>> welcomed.  Thank you.
>>
>> John Gulley  - PE
>> Dallas, TX

Regards,